Stuck in My Head

It's after midnight, so I think my run of daily blog posts just skipped a beat. But anyway....

Why can't I remember to do important, current items of business, yet I remember my childhood best friend's phone number (from twenty years ago) without even trying? It may be partially because our minds are clearer as children, and thus the information is more firmly attached to the synaptic pathways. However, I feel there is something more at work here. Perhaps a bit of randomosity?

Certainly I wonder why I woke up this morning with Pink's Raise Your Glass resounding through my brain...and it STILL IS! All day. Seriously, I think this is the longest period of time I have had a song stuck in my head, non-stop, ever. Ignoring it did not help. Cleaning the house did not help. Driving to the grocery store in the snow storm to buy food did not help. Singing it did not help. Playing it on Youtube did not help, at all. I am beginning to believe that I am intended to think about the song more deeply. So, I am going to go find the lyrics now. Sheesh. The things I do for my random brain.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! It posted on the 8th, so I guess my run of daily blog posts continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, it is 11:30 pm by the blog's reckoning...even though my clock says 12:31 am. Pacific Time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Err, I am on Mountain Time, but the blog is on Pacific Time apparently. To be a bit clearer.

    ReplyDelete