Step Two: Drink Water

Step Two: Drink Water


You all knew this already. Water intake is essential. Get you 6-8 cups a day, right? Actually, your body more than likely needs more water than that! For every 25 pounds of extra weight, you need another cup of water each day, and if you tend to sweat, add at least another couple of cups. If you live in a dry climate, you will need additional water as well! If you eat something salty, it will take more water that day too. Oh, and don't forget you need extra water if you drink diuretic substances such as coffee, or imbibe in alcohol at all (not part of my plan, though).

Personally, I live in a dry climate, work out most days (read: sweat), and probably still have an extra 25 pounds of weight. I also drink some caffeinated beverages (green tea, mostly).  I find that I need about a gallon or so of water per day, although I do include the water in my green tea and any water I add to my smoothies. However, you should do a little bio-hacking of you own to determine the ideal amount of water for you. But I assure you that it is at least 8 cups per day or more!

To fit all this water in, start the day with hot tea and/or a glass of water. Then have a glass of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. By glass, I mean two cups, 16 ounces, or about the contents of one standard water bottle. Have a glass of water or large cup of tea at mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Then have water before bed. That is about 14 cups of water per day. You will be amazed at how much better you feel, how much less hungry you are, and your energy will multiply!


No comments:

Post a Comment